Thursday, February 13, 2014

Put your family history into perspective

I have written a couple of posts that present current history along with family history.  I find it fascinating to imagine what grandma and grandpa were doing, how did they shop, keep house, or just get around.  It is too easy to impress what we do day to day and imagine it as what they did.  I especially like to think about the news and events that may have worried them or made them happy.  It is also a time to find out what type of role they had in their community, what church or organization.

This can be done for any family.  Most of the information I found on my family was through internet searches...only some through family oral history.  That means any family genealogy should be able to repeat this.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.   Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment